As a family owned and operated business, we are committed to providing the best possible service to our clients. We listen, adopt your perspective and create each piece as if it were for our home. Each piece is worked by our hands and in our local shop. Our passion is our craft.
Surface Workshop Inc. was founded in 1996. The mission of Surface Workshop is to create beautiful custom furniture using sustainable methods and materials. It’s simply better for the earth and our future than conventional furniture. Here’s why:
- We use sustainable materials and finishes that lessen the impact on forests, water systems, landfills, and your loved ones.
- We use low-VOC paints which do not emit the harmful odors and gasses found in conventional furniture. (VOCs – or volatile organic compounds – are chemicals found in paints and materials, which may have harmful long-term health effects and off-gas over time leading to poor indoor air quality.)
- The certified materials we use and environmentally sensitive manufacturing adds value to the products we make.
- Green furniture is durable and attractive because it embraces the natural forms and beauty of materials used.
As an authentic workshop, we are constantly exploring new, green materials and products and educating the public about the benefits of sustainable furniture. We are dedicated to spreading the word. We have given workshops about recycling and re-using materials, provided critiques and feedback to University furniture design students, and we have taught recycled art classes at the Little Haiti Cultural Center.
We are committed to making sustainable furniture more accessible, we strive to price fairly and can work within different budgets.
We have an in-house registered interior designer and an architectural designer, in addition to painters and carpenters.
- Custom Designed furniture and woodworking
- Custom built-in units
- Finishing using Sustainable and Traditional finishes
- Re-finishing and restoring furniture
- Furniture consultation
- Design consultation